Toiling at a desk all day takes a toll on your body, leading to pain, discomfort, stress, and even chronic conditions. Fortunately, there are easy natural ways to make your workspace more comfortable and reduce the risk of pain and discomfort.
This post explores ergonomic tips and exercises that can help you achieve a pain-free work environment. Additionally, we delve into the benefits of microcurrent therapy, a technique that uses low-level electrical currents to promote healing, and how it can enhance your workspace’s comfort further.
Ergonomic Tips for a Comfortable Workspace
What is an ergonomic workspace, you ask? It simply means that your environment is designed to support good posture and reduce the risk of pain and discomfort. Whether you’re at a desk eight hours a day or retired and like to “work” on your crafts and hobbies, ensuring your workspace is set up with pain relief in mind is vital.
Some ergonomic tips you can follow to create a comfortable workspace include:
- Positioning your computer monitor at eye level to avoid straining your neck and shoulders.
- Using an adjustable chair that allows your feet to rest flat on the floor and your arms to rest comfortably on the desk.
- Keeping your mouse and keyboard close to you to avoid overextending your arms and shoulders. Taking frequent breaks to stretch and move around can also help to prevent muscle stiffness.
- And remember eye health! Staring at a screen all day can take a real toll on eye health and comfort. That’s why it’s essential to practice the 20-20-20 rule.
The 20-20-20 Rule Explained
The 20-20-20 rule is a simple but effective technique to reduce eye strain and prevent digital eye fatigue. The rule suggests that every 20 minutes, you should take a 20-second break and look at something 20 feet away.
This helps reduce the strain on your eyes caused by staring at a screen for extended periods and encourages you to take regular breaks throughout the day. Implementing the 20-20-20 rule can help improve your overall eye health and reduce the risk of developing eye-related problems associated with digital device use.
Did you know microcurrent therapy is safe around the eyes? It’s an excellent treatment for all kinds of vision problems. If you’d like to learn more about the connection between microcurrent and eye health, read our blog!
Exercises for a Pain-Free Workspace
To complement ergonomic tips, performing exercises (or stretches) throughout the day can help to relieve tension and prevent pain. A few activities you can do at your desk include neck stretches, shoulder rolls, wrist stretches, and standing stretches. These exercises can help release tension, soothe muscles, and move blood. All good news if you live with pain.
- To learn more tips on exercising with pain, read our blog!
Incorporating Microcurrent Therapy for Pain Relief at Work
Microcurrent therapy is a non-invasive form of Energy Medicine that helps reduce pain and inflammation in the body. By stimulating the body’s natural healing mechanisms, microcurrent therapy can help to promote tissue repair and reduce swelling.
Sure, your co-workers might give a chuckle when you pull out your Avazzia Life, but we promise they’ll soon be asking to “give it a try.”
Our Favorite Microcurrent Protocols For the Workplace
1. The Grounding Protocol This protocol promotes relaxation and reduces stress.
2. Another protocol for stress is the Vagus Nerve Protocol, which targets the vagus nerve, a key player in regulating the body’s stress response. By stimulating this nerve, microcurrent therapy can help to promote relaxation, reduce anxiety, and make your workday much more pleasant.
Learn more about addressing stress with microcurrent in the training video below:
4. A Microcurrent Energy Boost is a great alternative to your morning caffeine habit to get those creative juices flowing.
Watch the short video below to learn how to perform our 5-minute microcurrent energy boost:
EMFs In the Workplace
It’s important to note that standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and Wi-Fi routers emit EMFs (electromagnetic fields), which can add stress to your workday. You can implement Floww technology in your workspace to counteract these effects. Floww technology, like the new Floww Station, helps create a harmonious work environment by neutralizing EMFs and balancing the body’s energy field.
A Pain-Free Workspace is Possible
In conclusion, working at a desk for prolonged periods can harm your health. However, by following ergonomic tips, performing exercises, and incorporating microcurrent therapy and Floww technology, you can take proactive steps toward reducing pain and discomfort at work.
These strategies can help create a comfortable, supportive, and pain-free workspace, allowing you to work productively and efficiently. Don’t let pain and discomfort hold you back from enjoying your workday. Try incorporating these tips and techniques into your daily routine and see the difference they can make.