Have you ever hugged a tree? If not, you may want to because there’s growing scientific evidence to support the idea that physically connecting with nature can be hugely beneficial for stress reduction and overall wellness.
If you’re concerned about missing out on the health benefits of nature due to the approaching winter, read on! We will provide some exciting and easy ways to benefit from Earth’s stress-busting energy—even if you’re buried in snow.
What is Grounding?
If you’ve ever experienced that warm, fuzzy, and euphoric feeling of overall wellness and contentment after a long day spent in nature—you’ve benefited from grounding, or Earthing, as some call it.
We all know it just feels good to walk through an expansive forest, roll in the grass on a warm sunny day, or jump into a crisp body of water, but the big question is, “why?”.
The benefits of grounding are rooted in a set of low natural frequencies pulsed from the Earth itself, called the Schumann Resonances. These frequencies range from 7.83Hz to 33.8Hz and have many health benefits. Most importantly, Schumann Resonances balance your body’s electrical potential, keeping your cells functioning optimally and your body able to repair itself.
Top 3 Health Benefits of Grounding
There are so many benefits to grounding that have been reported, we could honestly go on all day, but we find these three to be the most important for our patients.
- Addressing chronic pain—A 2015 study found that grounding helped to alleviate exercise-related pain in participants.
- Addressing anxiety and depression— Also in 2015, another study found that just one hour of direct contact with the Earth improved mood more than relaxation alone.
- Addressing overall stress— A study conducted in 2006 by Chevalier, Mori, and Oschman found that grounding creates a reduction in overall stress and tension.
If you’re not sure how to best deal with emotional stress, chronic pain, or anxiety and depression—grounding could be the solution you’ve wished for.
It’s all About Ions
The goal of grounding is to release a buildup of positive ions. EMFs are a known source of excess positive ions in the body, but our environment can also cause it. If you’ve ever felt irritable or achy before a storm or during a full moon, you’re not crazy—it’s due to a jump of positive ions in the atmosphere.
If you don’t have a healthy balance of positive and negative ions in your body, you can run into problems like:
- Serotonin imbalances
- Hot flashes
- Increased mental stress
So, what’s the solution to ensuring a healthy balance of ions in the body? Tapping into the negative ionic charge on the surface of the Earth, or Schumann Resonances.
Why your Lifestyle is Making you Stressed
Experts believe that a barrage of artificial electromagnetic frequencies, or EMFs, in our environment hinder the countless benefits of Schumann Resonances. These harmful EMFs can make you feel fatigued, out of balanced, and extremely stressed out.
Appliances like microwave ovens, GPS systems, Wi-Fi routers, cellular phones, laptops, under-the-floor heating systems, and hair dryers are just some of the major culprits when it comes to harmful EMF pollution in your home.
To learn more about how EMF pollution may be damaging your mental wellbeing, download our special report: EMFs And Your Health: What You Need to Know About Electromagnetic Fields, 5G, and More.
So, if you’ve been working from home or spending extended periods indoors lately and don’t know why you’ve been feeling stressed out—EMFs may be to blame.
Grounding—How to do it
Grounding is simple, easy, and anyone can do it. Try standing, sitting, lying, or walking with direct skin contact with the ground to absorb those negative ions.
Kick off your shoes and feel the Earth between your toes—your body will thank you.
The best places to absorb negative ions in nature are areas where water molecules crash and increase their negative charge. Seek out lakes, rivers, waterfalls, and areas where water is known to evaporate like forests and beaches to best benefit from your grounding session.
But here’s the thing…
Not everyone has easy access to nature. You may live in a densely populated city or not have time to spend outdoors regularly. With winter setting in for most of us, sticking your feet in a massive pile of snow may sound less than ideal—but it can be helpful if you’re brave enough to try it.
The good news is, we’ve identified three easy and accessible ways to directly tap into the 7.83 Hz- 34 Hz range of the Schumann Resonances no matter the weather.
3 Hacks for Keeping Yourself Grounded in the Winter
If you find yourself needing balance and the weather doesn’t permit traditional grounding techniques, try these three hacks:
- Play in the Snow— Who knew building a snowman could help decrease stress, anxiety, and depression? Because snow is made of water and touches the Earth, playing in the snow can help you ground yourself in stressful times.
- Get to the Basement—If the temperatures don’t allow access to bare Earth, use a concrete basement floor as a substitute. Untreated concrete is conductive. If it’s painted—it’s still semi-conductive. Concrete basement floors are directly connected to the Earth, so it’s an excellent medium for grounding.
- Microcurrent Grounding— With the right algorithm, microcurrent technology can convert harmful waves into beneficial ones. We have had excellent results with a product that works to convert these harmful waves into natural and safe Schumann Resonances: the Scalar Qi. This must-have accessory ensures that as EMFs are bombarding you, you can transform them into positive and healthy waves that promote a natural approach to dealing with burnout, stress, and anxiety.
Microcurrent Grounding Protocol
While the Scalar Qi is great for grounding, you don’t need the Scalar Qi to perform microcurrent grounding in your home or medical practice.
- Set your device to 7-12 Hz
- Place one conductive pad on the sole of your foot and the other on the palm of your hand on the same side of your body
- Adjust the power to a comfortable power level
- Run the program for 30 minutes
- Switch sides and run it for another 30 minutes
We’ve had excellent success with the Grounding Protocol when it comes to patients with stress, anxiety, and depression – even blood pressure irregularities.
“As someone with Fibromyalgia I was absolutely blown away with my change in attitude, energy, and reduction in pain – how could something as simple as Grounding alter the body in such a drastic way? Living in a city, I think it really shows the impact of the environment on my health. I have continued to do this treatment daily while eating breakfast – it really makes me feel amazing!” – Tammy B.
Ground Yourself to Address Stress
These days, many of us live a lifestyle that is sadly disconnected from the world around us. Spending days on end indoors with an onslaught of EMFs has the potential to do catastrophic harm to your physical and mental wellbeing.
Suppose you find yourself unable to get out into nature regularly due to mobility problems, weather issues, or geographical location. In that case, We hope that you will try our microcurrent grounding protocol as a way of reconnecting with your earthy roots.
We’re Here for you
If stress is getting the best of you, book a Complimentary Consultation with a member of our compassionate and knowledgeable staff. We will help determine your best next move when it comes to curating the stress and pain-free life you deserve.
Book your consultation HERE: https://go.oncehub.com/ComplimentaryConsulation