Sciatic nerve pain is a widespread problem that affects millions of people worldwide. In fact, according to Harvard, as many as 40% of people will experience sciatica at some point during their lives. Though a short bout of sciatica can be bad enough, some of us will be unfortunate enough to live with chronic sciatic nerve discomfort. Sitting, standing, and being active with the family becomes difficult with sciatica – and it can even disrupt your sleep.
So, what can you do to get on top of your sciatica for the last time?
We suggest energy medicine in the form of microcurrent therapy.
This Blog Explains:
- Sciatica risk factors
- Our top 7 natural sciatic nerve treatments
- And finally – how microcurrent can make all the difference in managing chronic lower back pain including sciatic nerve pain
Sciatica Risk Factors
While there are many causes of sciatic nerve pain, it’s usually triggered by an irritation of the root of your lower lumbar &lumbosacral spine. Several factors may contribute to sciatica. These include obesity, pregnancy, and prolonged sitting or standing. Additionally, sciatic nerve pain is more common in older adults and those with underlying health conditions such as diabetes or spinal stenosis. Treatment for sciatic nerve pain often includes over-the-counter medication, physical therapy, and lifestyle changes
Top 7 Natural Sciatica Treatments
One of the best ways to treat sciatica is with natural methods. There are a number of different natural techniques that can be effective in addressing sciatic nerve pain.
Here are the most popular natural treatments for sciatica:
- Acupuncture: This ancient healing technique has been used for centuries in Traditional Chinese Medicine to treat various ailments, including pain. Acupuncture works by stimulating energy channels in your body, which can help to reduce pain and inflammation. If needles aren’t your thing, try electro acupuncture with microcurrent!
- Chiropractic Care: Chiropractic care is a hands-on health care approach focusing on the musculoskeletal and nervous systems. Chiropractors use various techniques to treat sciatica, including spinal manipulation, massage, microcurrent therapy, and stretching.
- Exercise: Exercise (one of the pillars of The Hache Protocol For Pain Resolution ™) is one of the best things you can do for your health, and it’s also an effective treatment for sciatica. Exercise helps strengthen the muscles around the spine and reduces pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Yoga: Yoga helps stretch and strengthen the muscles around the spine. Yoga can also help to improve your flexibility and range of motion. Learn How to relieve sciatica naturally through exercise and yoga in our guide.
- Massage Therapy: Massage can help relax the spine muscles and reduce pressure on the sciatic nerve. Massage can also help to reduce inflammation and pain. And BONUS – it helps you detox from stress naturally.
- Sleep: Quality sleep is an essential ingredient for vibrant health and vitality. That’s precisely why we’ve made it one of the 5 pillars of The Hache Protocol For Pain Resolution™. But sleeping with sciatica can be challenging, as the throbbing pain can make it difficult to find a comfortable position. However, there are a few best practices that can help.
3 Easy Sciatica Sleep Tips:
- First, try sleeping on your side in a fetal position with a pillow between your knees. This position helps to take pressure off the sciatic nerve.
- Second, use a firm yet contouring mattress to support your back and minimize pain.
- You can also place a heating pad on the affected area for 20 minutes before bedtime.
Remember, sleep amplifies the efficacy of your microcurrent protocols. So, if tossing and turning is an every night thing for you, we suggest you apply these sciatica sleep tips right away.
If sleep still eludes you, learn our top natural sleep tips here (including Dr. Rob’s favorite calming microcurrent protocol, Vagus Nerve Stimulation).
- Microcurrent Treatment: Microcurrent therapy is a type of electrical stimulation that is FDA-approved to treat pain. This therapy uses very low levels of electricity to stimulate the nerves and muscles to kick-start regeneration and healing. This stimulation can help to reduce pain and inflammation and promote healing. And, when the proper protocol is used, you can even encourage realignment for optimum spinal health.
Dr. Rob’s Favorite Microcurrent Protocol for Sciatica: Little Wings
And the best protocol for resolving sciatic nerve pain? According to Dr. Rob Vanbergen, Little Wings can’t be beaten!
“I love Little Wings for sciatic nerve pain because it’s an excellent way to relieve pressure on the nerve through realignment.”
– Dr. Rob Vanbergen DNM PhD.
Wondering how to perform Little Wings to soothe your chronic sciatica pain? Simply follow the instructions below.
- An Avazzia microcurrent device like the Evolution
How to Perform the Little Wings Protocol:
- Set your Avazzia microcurrent device to 121 Hz.
- Place the Y-Electrode on your shoulder and adjust the power to a comfortable level.
- Note: You will feel a loss of control in your shoulders and experience slight pulling on your arm. The Little Wings Protocol isn’t dangerous, but we want you to prepare for this sensation.
- Position the electrode behind your ear and drag it down along the sternocleidomastoid muscle where the neck joins the shoulder. You will start to feel a flutter or tug on your shoulder. The muscle will then contract for a couple of seconds and then release. That’s considered one successful”flap.”
- Note: If you feel a sensation but don’t get a “pulling” feeling, increase the power on your Avazzia device, and you should then achieve the “flap” you’re aiming for.
- Allow the shoulder to “flap” 5 times.
- Remove the electrode from your skin.
- Treat the other side of your neck for another 5 “flaps.”
To learn more about the Little Wings Protocol, please read our blog HERE.
For step-by-step instruction on the Little Wings Protocol for sciatica back pain, please watch Dr. Rob’s 5-minute training below:
Microcurrent for Sciatica: The Science Behind It
Wondering if energy medicine is actually delivering results for sciatic nerve pain?
Here’s the summary of just one case study examining the link between microcurrent treatment and back pain resolution:
Microcurrent treatment was able to reduce pain by 3.8 times in a 2004 case series study of 22 patients who had chronic low back problems lasting 8+ years on average.
These results show that this treatment is effective at reducing pain compared to controls, proving its benefit for those suffering from chronic sciatica nerve damage.
Soothing Chronic Sciatica: Your Next Steps
It’s hard to live with the physical symptoms of sciatica, let alone the emotional toll that this type of chronic pain triggers. But it doesn’t have to be an uphill climb! There is always an answer if you’re willing to explore natural options for treatment. And we promise to be here for you all along the way.
Don’t hesitate to reach out about microcurrent therapy or anything else you may need related to the healthcare innovations from the doctors here at Pain Free For Life.
Sciatica: Of all the nerve – Harvard Health
(PDF) Microcurrent therapy: A novel treatment method for chronic low back myofascial pain (researchgate.net)